Here’s the answers from last week’s trivia quiz:
1. There are 7 current OHL teams that are in the same city and carry the same nickname as when they originally joined the league. Name them.
Belleville Bulls, Ottawa 67’s, Oshawa Generals, Brampton Battalion, Barrie Colts, Windsor Spitfires, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.
2. The franchise that is the Peterborough Petes originated in what city?
3. Two current OHL franchises were at one point in their history called the Niagara Falls Flyers. Which are the two teams?
Sudbury Wolves and Saginaw Spirit
4. By way of Hamilton and Toronto, which current OHL franchise came into existence in 1937 and is the oldest existing franchise?
5. The Sarnia Sting are of what Royal descent?
Cornwall and Newmarket
6. The Kitchener Rangers franchise began play in 1947 in what rival city?
7. The Erie Otters origins go back to 1953 when they joined the league with a team in Hamilton. That franchise had four different names while in Hamilton. Can you name them all?
Steelhawks, Fincups, Red Wings, Tiger Cubs
8. The London Knights franchise originated in London in 1965 but started out under a different name. What was the team called in the early days?
9, What team is often mistaken as the descendant of a team that played out of Montreal but were in fact granted a brand new franchise in 1973?
10. The current Sudbury Wolves originated in what city?